Nutrition facts and Potential uses of Elderberry
Elderberry- popularly used in medicine and supplements is native to America. It is packed with many vital nutrients and can help with many disorders. Earlier it is known to treat flu and skin conditions. In this blog “Uses of Elderberry in Health and Immunity” we will know much more about Elderberry and its usage.
Elderberry Juice is known to be an effective remedy for boosting immunity.
It also enhances immune function by boosting the production of cytokines.
Helps in relieving nasal congestions and flu.
Elderberry also has anti-inflammatory properties.
As it is high in vitamins like A, B, C, and potassium it is known to be a great body benefiter.
It also maintains bone health.
Also, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
Beneficial in reducing blood pressure and managing diabetes.
Therefore, Elderberry boosts Health and Immunity if incorporated in a regular diet.
How to include Elderberry in a regular diet
Elderberry can be consumed in the form of Syrup, Muffins, toppings, cubes, Pudding, breakfast bowls, etc. Here are a few recipes to include in your diet.
- Ginger (Grated)
- Cloves (grounded)
- Simmer the berries in water with Cinnamon, Ginger for 30 mins.
- Strain the mixture. Make sure to press the berries through the strainer firmly to extract any remaining liquid.
- Cool the mixture and add honey.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Elderberry Yogurt Compote
- Greek Yogurt
- Lemon Juice
- Wash the elderberries and cook them in a pan with sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil and gently simmer. Let it cool.
- Prepare the compote by adding elderberries juice at the bottom, yogurt in the middle, and again juice on the top.
- Refrigerate and serve.
You can buy high-quality fruits and vegetables at Agrovatika.