Potential Benefits of Brinjal: Nutrient facts
Eggplant which also popularly known is “Brinjal” is popular in many households. They are of different types depending on the type of cultivation. It is also known as the king vegetable in our ancient Vedas. In this blog “Tasty and Healthy Recipes with Eggplant or Brinjal” we know how to utilize it completely.
Brinjal has many immunity-boosting properties and is known to cure type-2 diabetes.
Potassium present in the Brinjal helps in heart health.
It also has the ability to cure cardiovascular diseases.
Eggplant can improve brain health and also regulates iron.
Eggplant has high water content, is low in calories.
It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber that makes us feel fuller for longer, manages sugar levels, and speeds toxic waste elimination.
They can strengthen hair and improve skin health.
Amazing and Healthy Recipes with Brinjal
- 400 grams brinjals
- 2 onions
- cup coconut
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp cumin/jeera
- 1 ½ tsp GINGER GARLIC PASTE
- curry leaves
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder or ¾ tsp garam masala
- lemon juice or tamarind pulp as needed
- coriander leaves few
- Dry roast peanuts until nicely done. Saute sesame, cumin, and coconut in the same pan.
- Saute onions until golden in oil. Also, saute ginger garlic until the raw smell vanishes.
- Add chili powder, coriander, or garam masala powder and salt. Blend these ingredients. Add lemon juice or tamarind as desired and mix well.
- Wash and slit brinjals by keeping them intact towards the stem.
- Stuff this mixture and set them aside.
- Fry these brinjals in oil and sprinkle coriander leaves.
Brinjal with Eggs
- Egg whites
- Slice the eggplant into round pieces.
- Sprinkle salt on the pieces (each side ).
- Let them sit for 20-25 mins.
- Wash the eggplant pieces to remove excess salt.
- Dry and sprinkle pepper to it and set is aside.
- Whisk eggs (white) and brush them to eggplant slices.
- Take a nonstick pan and heat oil.
- Place the slices gently into the oil. 3-4 slices per batch. Fry until golden brown.
- Top with coriander.
For more such interesting recipes follow Agrovatika.