Green bell peppers are the most commonly used fruit around the world. did I say fruit? yes , they are a fruit. Bell peppers are one of the most colored fruits. They are available in different colors like red, green, and yellow. Green bell peppers are actually the ripe ones. The color changes take place once they start to grow from the immature, ripe stage to the premature, unripe stage. Here we have a special recipe for you to enjoy with green bell peppers.
6 Green bell peppers
4 tablespoons of olive oil
8 ounces of lean sausages sliced(veg or non-veg)
the required amount of salt, chili flakes, and black pepper
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 medium zucchini chopped
4 tomatoes seeded and finely diced
1 cup of cooked rice
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius.
- Cut the tops of the green bell peppers. Remove the seeds and scoop them well by making maximum space in them.
- Take a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in medium heat and add the sliced sausages followed by salt and pepper.
- Cook them for 8 to 10 minutes till they reach the beginning of the browning stage.
- Take another pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat the pan in medium flame.
- Now add the diced onions, garlic, zucchini, and tomatoes
along with salt and chili flakes. cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sausage mixture and the vegetable mixture along with the cooked rice and cheddar cheese and mix them well. Cook them for another 3 to 4 minutes and let them cool.
Arranging and baking:
- Fill the hollowed green bell peppers with the cooked stuffing.
- Shred some mozzarella on top of the stuffed bell peppers.
- Bake the stuffed green bell peppers placed in a baking dish for 15 to 20 min in 180-degree Celcius.
- Bake them until the green bell peppers are cooked well and the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy the nutritious stuffed green bell pepper dish.
Green bell pepper health benefits:
1.Good for eye health.
2. Reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
3. Prevents anemia.
Follow Agrovatika for more information.