Potential Benefits of Rosemary: Nutritional facts
Rosemary is a herb known for its fragrance and anti-oxidant properties. It is mainly used as a flavor enhancer. In this blog “Rosemary herb for immunity and healing,” we will know more about Rosemary and its benefits in immune-boosting.
Rosemary has many nutrition benefits. As it is high in antioxidants it is a great immunity booster.
It is also good for improving memory and brain cells.
It can also reduce blood sugar levels and controls blood pressure.
Helps reduce age-related skin issues and improves many skin-related issues.
It can also stimulate hair growth which leads to lustrous hair.
Rosemary also helps in relieving menstrual cramps.
Encourages enzymes that flush harmful toxins out of the liver and body.
Prevents peptic ulcer, leukemia and kidney stones
A compound called Carsonic acid present in Rosemary protects your eyes from macular degeneration.
When infused into oil and applied externally it is found to reduce body and joint pains.
Rosemary oil is high in anti-bacterial,anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties making it particularly effective in eczema and psoriasis creams.
How to store Rosemary
- Rosemary can stay up to two weeks in the fridge when loosely wrapped in a damp cloth.
- It can also be frozen up to 6 months or dried.
- Avoid washing until you use it or it can add excessive moisture causing it to turn bad quicker.
Therefore, it is understood that Rosemary is great for Immunity and can be used in our diet.
Although, you need to be aware of the side effects in some people. It is advisable to use it in limited quantities.
Lemon Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Here is a simple recipie with Rosemary to enjoy. This is a 3 ingredient recipe and is easy to make.
- Red Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Zest
- Rosemary (fresh)
- Preheat oven and lightly oil baking sheet.
- Place potatoes in a single layer. Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and, rosemary to it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven for 30 – 35 mins. Stir in butter for 1 min.
- Serve immediately and garnish with lemon zest and parsley.
To buy fresh herbs and groceries visit the Agrovatika store.