We know that Onions are healthy and they are packed with many nutrients like biotin, Vitamin-C, Copper, Potassium, Vitamin-B6, and Folate. In this blog “Immunity-Boosting Recipes with Onions” we will know more about how onions can be made into a recipe.
Onions are rich in querecetin and are high in anti-oxidants. Their immune boosting factors are really high. Onion can be found in many households throughout the world.
Here are some interesting recipes with Onions.
French Onion Soup
- 2 Red Onions Large
- half white Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Vegetable Broth
- Black Pepper
- Add olive oil to a pot . When heated add sliced onions .
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring between 5-10 minutes.
- Once onions are soft add minced garlic and stir well.
- Add vegetable broth, salt and pepper.
- Serve it hot.
This recipie is great vegetarian option in french style and is an immunity boosting Recipes with Onions.
Creamed Pearl Onions
- Onions( White)
- Heavy Cream
- Vegetable / Chicken Stock
- Salt and Black pepper
- Parsley Leaves
- Bring a medium pot of water and boil the onions until they are soft.
- Drain the water and pour cool water.
- Place the onions in a medium sauce pan and add heavy cream. Add stock and bay leaf.
- Heat over medium flame and stir in between. Discard bay leaf.
- Add salt, pepper and Parsley. Serve it hot.
Masala Onion Salad
- Red chilli Powder
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Chat Masala
- Black salt/ Regular Salt
- Lime juice
- Chopped mint leaves
- Chopped Coriander leaves
Add these all ingredients in a bowl and mix them well. Let them sit for 10 mins and enjoy.
For more such recipes follow Agrovatika.