Potential Benefits of Horse gram: Nutrition facts
Horsegram is also known as Kulthi is an excellent grain. Horse gram contains all sorts of healthy components. It is available in the market and is widely used. In this blog, “Horsegram for Immunity and Overall Health” we will know more about the potential benefits. They are also useful for overall health.
Horsegram is known to be a great source of Omega-3.
They are also high in fiber and low in carbs.
Therefore, it promotes weight loss and great for Immunity.
It can fight and prevent cancer.
It also has higher amounts of antioxidants.
The fiber in horse gram trap fat and cholesterol then remove it through the digestive tract.
Since it is excellent in Omega-3., it can provide the same nutrients that of Fish.
Can solve menstrual problems in women.
It can also prevent type-2 diabetes. Can cure small kidney stones.
Horse gram Curry
Horse gram can be used to make dal, soups, and curries. Here is an interesting Horsegram curry recipe for Immunity.
Horsegram for Immunity and Overall Health
- 1 cup dry horse gram beans
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- Pinch of Asafetida
- ½ tsp turmeric ground
- ¼ tsp Goda Masala or Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp jaggery or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- tsp ginger grated
- 1 cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Take soaked horse gram(soak for 10hrs) and put it in a muslin cloth to sprout. Put some weight on the cloth.
- The beans will sprout in 10-12 hours depending on the ambient temperature. Sprouts can be up to 1-2 inches in length.
- Pressure cook the sprouted horse gram for 3 whistles and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add black mustard seeds, and once they pop, add the Asafetida and turmeric quickly. Now add the onion immediately and also add curry leaves and ginger garlic. Stir together a minute
- Add chili powder and masala.
- Add the pressure cooked beans to it.
- Stir well and add water to cover the beans. Bring to a boil and simmer with the lid on.
- Add the coriander powder, salt, sugar, and continue to simmer. Add more water if needed to get the consistency you want in the curry.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or coriander and serve with roti and/or rice.
Check out the Agrovatikastore for more immune-boosting groceries.