How Dry fenugreek leaves impact our health?
Fenugreek has a significant impact on our overall health; similarly, the fenugreek leaves also provide us with sufficient nutrients and health benefits. In Hindi, we usually know dry fenugreek leaves as Kasuri methi and its one of the spice readily used in the recipes.
Whether it be simple potato or cottage cheese, it has the power to elevate its taste. Eventually, it’s loved because of its intense flavours and earthy aroma which could be easily obtained with a small pinch.
Additional tip: Do not add too much of dry fenugreek leaves in your dish as the flavour will turn out to be bitter and will ruin your whole efforts.
Ingredients required for the recipe:
- 200 gm cottage cheese
- A diced onion
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and green chilli paste
- 1 tomato: puree
- Oil 2 big tbsp
- 2 tbsp grated cottage cheese
- 50 gm curd
- 300 ml of water
For dry spices:
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder, red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Salt according to taste
- 2 ½ tbsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 small green cardamoms ( crushed)
Way of cooking the dry fenugreek leaves and cottage cheese recipe
1) Take a pan, add oil into it and let the oil get heated on the medium flame.
2) Dice 200 gm cottage cheese into triangles and then golden fry them on medium flame. Eventually, once done, take it out on a clean plate.
Additional tip: Do not turn it before 2 minutes so that you don’t break them.
3) On the same pan cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and stir them for a few seconds.
4) Add diced onion and cook it until it turns out to be golden fried.
5) Ultimately, when your onion gets cooked, add ginger garlic and chilli paste and mix them properly. Similarly, store them for one minute on a medium flame.
6) Once you get a brownish colour, then add tomato puree and mix the whole gravy so that it gets even. Moreover, cook it for 2 minutes and don’t forget to stir the pan so that the gravy won’t get stuck to the pan.
7) Turn the gas on low flame and then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt according to the taste. Consequently, mix them well with the gravy and avoid the formation of lumps. Cook this mixture for at least one minute while stirring the pan.
8) After one minute, add grated cottage cheese and beaten curd into the pan. Likewise, mix the gravy properly and cook it on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
9) After that add 2 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves and again mix the gravy properly. Now, cook this mixture for at least 3-4 minutes on a medium flame and keep on stirring.
10) Once you feel that spices are appropriately roasted, then add water into the pan and mix it. In this step, turn the flame into high and wait until the gravy gets boiled once.
11) As you get the boil, turn the gas into low flame and add garam masala. Similarly, add ½ tbsp dry fenugreek leaves and stir the gravy well.
12) Lastly, add the fried pieces of cottage cheese one by one and slowly mix it with the gravy with the help of a spoon. Consequently, after you mix them, turn the gas into medium flame, cover the lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
Your delicious recipe is ready for being served with hot chapati and rice.
Nutritional benefits of dry fenugreek leaves
Therefore, this was the tasty paneer recipe with dry fenugreek leaves which I personally love, and that’s why I shared it with you. Moreover, if you want to explore more such tasty recipes, then visit our website Agrovatika.com. Lastly, don’t forget to follow us back on Facebook as some exciting updates are waiting for you there.