Coriander is usually used as a spice and its usage is limited in our households. It is often used in topping dishes. Known for its unique flavor and medical properties it is now used by many health enthusiasts. In this blog “Coriander for Immunity and overall health” we will know more about Coriander and its beneficial properties.
Coriander for Immunity: Nutrition and Health
Nutrition per 100g
Coriander leaves have many medicinal properties and benefits. They are a pack of nutrients that help in boosting immunity.
They also help in preventing diabetes and maintains blood sugars.
Since they are high in Vitamin-A and Iron they can prevent Anemia and other deficiencies.
Low Cholesterol levels in Corianders helps. It can maintain weight and prevent Obesity.
Coriander also prevents menstrual disorders.
It has anti-inflammatory properties and also prevents eye disorders.
They can also defend you against food poisoning.
Corianders are used in Juices, Curries, and many other dishes but we may not be aware of different recipes. Here are a few ways you can enjoy coriander.
Recipes with Coriander
Coriander Leaves Podi
This Podi (Powder) can be used in rice, idlis, and dosa.
- Coriander leaves
- Urad Dal
- Dried Red chilies
- Wash and clean the tender leaves of Coriander.
- Dry the leaves until they lose the moisture.
- Once they are dry chop them roughly.
- Heat a Kadai with 2 tsp oil, add the piece of asafoetida, and when it puffs up.
- Add the urad dal and fry until it starts changing color, at this point add the tamarind piece and the dried red chilies and fry until the dal turns golden brown. Keep stirring continuously on medium heat so that the dal cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind this mixture in a dry mixer jar.
- Now add the dried coriander leaves, and using the pulse mode of the mixer, pulse it few times, until you get a coarse powder. Add salt, jaggery to taste, and pulse again.
- Store it in a dry bottle.
Mint Coriander Juice
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Mango Powder (Optional)
Blend all these ingredients and add ice water or ice.
For more such recipes follow Agrovatika.