We usually drink a cup of tea in the morning or in the evening because of its relaxation, soothing and calming properties. Starting your day with a cup of tea can make everything better. In this blog “Beyond the leaf- Tea for Immunity” we are going to know interesting things about tea and how it benefits us.
Types of Tea for Immunity
Usually, there are four types of Teas which are widely available:
Black Tea is one of the most preferred drinks in the world and almost 75% consume it. During the production, the leaves are plucked, fermented, and oxidized which gives a black color pigment, flavor, and health benefits.
The caffeine content present is- 5.20mg per fluid ounce.
- It helps in maintaining cholesterol properties.
- Maintains and controls excessive stress.
- Helps in fighting diabetes.
- It also reduces the risk of kidney stones.
2. White Tea
It is unprocessed tea. It is simply plucked and withered dry. Only a minimum amount of oxidation happens here. White teas produce pale green or yellow pigments and have a delicate flavor.
- Reduce the risk of premature aging.
- Protect skin from the harmful effects of UV rays and helps in maintaining good blood circulation
- Reducing the risk of tooth decay.
- Lower the level of diabetes.
- Prevents cancer.
3. Green Tea
Green tea is plucked, dried, and rolled. Due to this rolling process, it is not oxidized. It is the healthiest and popular beverage. Here leaves are completely dried with 0.1% moisture. It has 4.25mg caffeine per fluid ounce. It is low in theine.
- It is hepatoprotective.
- It improves the immune system.
- Increases fat oxidation.
- Improves memory ability.
4. Oolong Tea
It is the most time-taking in processing. The tea is naturally rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants. It is coursed for many hours probably days to create a gentle yet complex flavor.
- Fights obesity and promotes healthy living.
- Packed with many vitamins and fights many tumors.
5. Pu’erh Tea/ Post-fermented
It has a similar process as Green Tea but it is pressed into cakes. Very old Pu’erhs tea is costlier than old wines. It is preserved for years and years.
- Known for blood cleansing and helps reduce stress.
- May reduce cholesterol and maintains metabolism.
- Aids in weight-loss.
A study proved that the tea-drinkers are less prone to immune failures. There are 3000 varieties of tea which can be relished and are good for health.
- Tulsi Tea
- Chamomile tea
- Lavender tea
- Lemon Tea
- Peppermint tea
- Ginger Tea
- Cinnamon tea
- Rose Tea
- Marigold Tea
- Passionflower Tea
- Chrysanthemum tea
- Matcha Tea
- Hibiscus Tea
- Chocolate Tea
- Saffron Tea
- Marigold Tea
- Blue-pea flower Tea
- Apple-spice Tea
- Jasmine Tea
- Berry Tea
- Almond Tea
- Pistachio Tea
- Vanilla Tea
To buy the above varieties see this.
For more updates on Immunity related information follow Agrovatika.