Barley is used in food, drinks, and desserts as well. It is mostly grown in the northern parts of India and is widely known for its cooling properties. In this blog “Barley for weightloss and Immunity: Health benefits” we will know more about the immunity-boosting qualities of Barley.
Barley health benefits and its effect on Immunity
Barley is packed with various vitamins like Vitamin-B3 and B5. They are natural coolants and can cool the body instantly.
They are great for skin health and can also improve the colon.
Barley can control diabetes and preserves skin elasticity. It can also prevent heart diseases and cancer.
Great for preventing gall bladder stones. It also prevents cancer and heart diseases.
Controls blood cholesterol levels and manage type-2 diabetes.
Barley is a tonic cleaner and has anti-inflammatory properties.
It is great for curing asthma and also allergies.
We have understood that barley has great uses and boosts the immune system.
Recipies with Barley
Lemon Barley water
- Pearl barley
- Lemons/ Lemon Zest
- Rinse the barley and place it in a saucepan with grated lemon zest.
- Boil them and strain the water into a vessel.
- Add honey to the vessel and stir it well.
- Add lemon juice and let the mixture cool down.
- Pour into bottles and refrigerate until chilled.
Korean Barley Tea (Boricha)
- 2 liters water
- Roasted Barley grains
- Boil the water in a kettle and add roasted barley. Then boil 5mins further.
- Cool the tea and transfer it to a jug.
This tea is a great stress buster. It can also be consumed chilled with lemon and honey.
It also cools the body .
Follow Agrovatika for more immunity-related Information.